Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP direct…

Author: Dave Lugo
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Why doesn't Exim authenticate against IMAP directly?
On Tue, 2 Aug 2005, Marc Perkel wrote:

> I'm using a Linuxconf based backend. Dovecot reciently added support for it.

http://wiki.dovecot.org/moin.cgi/VirtualUsers

Linuxconf

For those of you who remember it and still use it Linuxconf had a really
simple way of doing virtual domains. They use a passwd/shadow type file
structure that is just like your passwd/shadow files except they had one
for each separate domain as follows:

/etc/vmail/passwd.domain1.com
/etc/vmail/shadow.domain1.com
/etc/vmail/passwd.domain2.com
/etc/vmail/shadow.domain2.com

Can't you check the password submitted against the shadow
files?

Dave Lugo   dlugo@???    LC Unit #260   TINLC