Re: FW: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

Autor: Marilyn Davis
A: Greg A. Woods
CC: Exim User's Mailing List, .|MoNK|Cucumber .
Assumpte: Re: FW: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> [ On Tuesday, July 12, 2005 at 22:39:19 (-0700), .|MoNK|Cucumber . wrote: ]
> > Subject: FW: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
> >
> > >From: "Greg A. Woods" <woods@???>
> > >To: ".|MoNK|Cucumber ." <realcucumber@???>
> > >Subject: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
>
> There goes another one of you guys posting private mail to the list.

How funny that Greg complains about this. It's enough to put me on my
soap box, regardless of the risk.

I notice that the disclaimer that Greg sent in private mail to
Cucumber has Greg's rebuttal disclaimer:

>This e-mail puts you on notice that I will not be bound by your
>confidentiality notice and will feel free to review, disclose,
>distribute, archive, laugh at, be amused by, poke fun publicly at,
>and/or publish anything I get in e-mail, either directly or indirectly,
>and whether intended for me or not, without any further notice. If you
>don't feel comfortable with that, I suggest that you not send any
>e-mail, especially not to me or any mailing list I might subscribe to;
>or at least that you always use strong digital encryption to ensure that
>your e-mail can't be read by anyone other than its intended
>recipient(s). There are many ways to do this, including using such
>widely available tools as PGP, GPG, or even S/Mime.

I gotta say that I *really* agree with Greg's disclaimer.

I especially think that if someone sends a private reply in response
to a public list, that the recipient has every right to post it back
to the list, especially if she feels harassed.

I expect that Cucumber felt harassed.

There are quite a few brilliant and strong-minded exim experts on this
list, Cucumber. Strong opinions come with the territory.

I'm endlessly grateful for the excellent help I get here and take the
harsh stuff as best I can.

Preparing to duck,

Marilyn Davis