Re: FW: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

Autor: V. T. Mueller
Assumpte: Re: FW: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

".|MoNK|Cucumber .",

.|MoNK|Cucumber . ecrit:
> The lot of you that choose to argue and insult those that wish to use
> appended disclaimers/footers are merely wasting peoples time.

There were a couple of friendly replies to your question, despite
the fact that this discussion has been held a couple of times before
and information regarding how to do what you intend to do can be
found in the list archives.

There were also others who prefered to point out that there are many
serious drawbacks with disclaimers in many aspects.

So both parties spent time and effort to send you information that's
related to your question.

> The fact of the matter is that companies do use disclaimers/footers, and
> it was a simple question regarding if it was possible with Exim.

Another matter of fact is that on this planet there are people
killing other people...

> The thread is not a debate on whether or not to use them, just a how-to
> question.

Well, if you need step-by-step assistance, you should read about how
disclaimers can be added in places you were pointed to. If you get
stuck in applying your disclaimer configuration I'm sure folks will
support you as soon as you post an exact problem.

To expect that someone on this list will tell you in detail how to
accomplish s/th that is considered as "questionable" for good reason
is somewhat naive.

> Please do not argue about whether or not you disagree with companies
> using disclaimers/footers, that is and was not the point of my initial
> post.
> This list should be used for technical assistance and help in
> accomplishing tasks with Exim, not to engage in childish debates.

You did not ask for technical assistance so far. You were asking for
technical help. There's a difference.

> I of course saw the listed method on Exim's site, but thought someone
> would know of an easier or better way to customize it even further.

There is no easy way in mangling/demangling email bodies.

> I've not instead purchased the Exim official book to try and find some
> help seeing that people on this list are focussed more in insults than
> assistance.

You were given a lot of valuable tips. Both mail-related as well as
of a more general nature. Let me put it this way: Drop some sloppy
coolness, sit down and start learning how email disclaimers can be
added. Come back if you're stuck. People on this list will then most
probably respect and support you.

Sorry if the some of the above may sound offending - it's certainly
not meant that way.

Kind regards
vt