Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005 13:58:24 +0100 (BST)
Philip Hazel <ph10@???> wrote:

> Do "most companies" require disclaimers at the bottom of paper
> letters that they send out? I don't recall seeing such. Why are they
> so keen for email?

I agree wholeheartedly with all the comments in this thread. Do not add
stupid disclaimers. They are...well, stupid, pointless and annoying.
And nobody really knows the legal status for sure, which means they
could actually increase, rather than decrease liability.

To the original poster, however, if you still find yourself with
certified brain-dead clients/managers who insist on this kind of
nonsense, and you really have no choice, you should take a look at
alterMIME:

http://www.pldaniels.com/altermime/

It is a compact piece of MIME-aware software that makes this kind of
stupid mangling very easy and can be run from an Exim transport
filter.

Tim