Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

Author: Chris Edwards
To: .|MoNK|Cucumber .
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, .|MoNK|Cucumber . wrote:

| For example, if someone gets a confidential email that has no
| disclaimer, he has the right to say he wasn't warned that he could not
| share that info elsewhere.

Whatever.

| With the disclaimer (and the company keeping a record of outbound
| emails), there is some protection to at least protect the company
| stating that they did at least put a notice on the message.

How exactly does that help ? If someone in *your* company sends *me* an
email, I'll do with it what I d@mn well please, which may include sharing
it with everyone in my addressbook, forwarding it to the local newspaper,
or having it for lunch.

The disclaimer advocates seem to think some sort of contract exists
between me and the sender. They are wrong.

(unless the material is copyright)