Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?

Author: .|MoNK|Cucumber .
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Easy Disclaimers with Exim?
I personally agree with the invalidity of disclaimers to a certain extent.
However the company determines the corporate standards and I have to abide
by those. They demand disclaimers on all outbound emails.

There is a different mentality in North America and Europe on the validity
of disclaimers, more so about legality rather than the true intention of
them.

However, there are major players that support it, ie: GFI's MailEssentials,
Barracuda's Spam Firewall's, etc..

The reason behind it is so that if you by mistake email a document to an
invalid recipient, at least you have mentioned that if you are not the
intended recipient to delete it, and not to forward it on. This does have
validity since incorrect email addresses are common, and it does stand up to
some degree in court, at least in North America, as our own privacy
commissioner has already checked into this. For example, if someone gets a
confidential email that has no disclaimer, he has the right to say he wasn't
warned that he could not share that info elsewhere. With the disclaimer (and
the company keeping a record of outbound emails), there is some protection
to at least protect the company stating that they did at least put a notice
on the message.

Anyways, I've used many appliances/server mail software that do have a
global disclaimer setting, where you can indeed specify the font/size
location of it, etc...

My ignorance is with Exim only, I'm new to it.

I now see that it cannot be done with Exim very easily, so we will just have
users append it manually to all their signatures instead (quite the hassle).

Thanks for the responses.