Re: [exim] Exim on *BSDs -- User Experience Feedback?

Autor: Dennis Davis
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim on *BSDs -- User Experience Feedback?
On Tue, 8 Mar 2005, Richard Welty wrote:

> From: Richard Welty <rwelty@???>
> Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 17:39:09 -0500 (EST)
> Subject: Re: [exim] Exim on *BSDs -- User Experience Feedback?

> i've got a couple of long running stable exim 4 installs on OpenBSD systems
> with nothing in particular to report, other than reliable, predictable operation.

I'll endorse these remarks. My frontline mail servers are currently
running OpenBSD3.6-stable. They've been up and running for the past three
months without problems. They were last taken down for an upgrade from
OpenBSD3.5 to OpenBSD3.6. I don't anticipate them being down again until
it's time to upgrade them to OpenBSD3.7.

They're currently running Exim-4.50 using the integrated content-scanning
work by Tom Kistner.  Virus detection by Sophos (sophie) running in Linux
compatability mode.  I'm about to throw Clam Anti-Virus into the mix.
Spam detection using SpamAssassin-3.02 with a selection of goodies from
the SpamAssassin Rules Emporium.  Works a treat.
--
Dennis Davis, BUCS, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK
D.H.Davis@???               Phone: +44 1225 386101