Re: [exim] Upgrading from Exchange

Autor: Nathan Ollerenshaw
A: Piers Kittel
CC: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Upgrading from Exchange
On Mar 9, 2005, at 6:32 PM, Piers Kittel wrote:

> Re: the calendar issue - that's easy, no-one here uses it anyway!
> Exchange is only used for email, nothing else. It's not a large org
> really.

Oh, so problem solved ;)

> I tried to use Thunderbird to connect to the Exchange server, but it
> kept rejecting my password - normally when I use Outlook, it doesn't
> ask me for my password - how do I find out my password for the
> Outlook server?

You need to enable it for the account in Exchange. So, in the active
directory, find the account and enable pop3/imap.

Its the same password as your windows password. Username is likewise
(no DOMAIN\ is necessary).

Nathan.

--
"It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is
the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can