Re: [exim] New Stuff

Author: David
To: Fred Viles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New Stuff
Hi !!

> | so, if i'm not missing anything, adding a decode = default on top of
> | mime_acl will 'demime' all mime parts (that will not be deleted until
> | data_acl ends),
>
> Right, at MIME ACL time. Into potentially 100's of arbitrary
> pathnames (one per MIME part), which would have to be remembered as a
> list passed to the DATA ACL, and any or all of which may have been
> deleted by a ${run later in the MIME ACL.

no need to remember them, clamd will scan the whole directory, not
just the .eml file (that's why the old demime works).

> That's what I see no evidence for in the docs. If anything, I would
> infer the opposite from the fact that the docs were not updated when
> decode= was added to indicate that it could be used instead of
> demime.

maybe the guy who write it did not think about it, but it looks like
it could be used that way

> OK, I just tried adding "decode = default" to the MIME ACL and
> commenting out the demime line in the DATA ACL. HUPped exim, sent a
> test message with test/clam.zip attached. No joy, I'm afraid.

i will try.

> To my mind, the big question is why clamd does not recognise the .eml
> file as a MIME message that should be unpacked.

if it's properly configured it will do, altough it's mime support is far
from being perfect

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53