Re: [exim] Unrouteable address error (debian-specific)

Author: Mark Nipper
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Unrouteable address error (debian-specific)
On 25 Feb 2005, Russ Pitman wrote:
> Odd situation now develops
> My post to pkg-exim4-users hangs as only list members can post.
> The mailbot there doesn't tell how to subscribe and the docs which
> persumably do so are in a package which is, is in the 4.50 package which is
> not available in the sarge release
>
> Would an upgrade to Sid be a recommended procedure?

    Or just visit:
---
http://pkg-exim4.alioth.debian.org/

which I found by first going to:
---
http://packages.debian.org/

and looking up the exim4 package in section 'Any' which led to
the experimental 4.50 package page, on to "developer info":
---
http://packages.qa.debian.org/exim4

and finally a "static info" link to the first URL. From there
you can find a link to subscribe to the user list for Debian.

    More importantly, you can always set up apt to fetch
stuff from newer releases and you could have grabbed either the
source or the actual compiled binary to review the included
documentation.  You should look up more information about pinning
releases if this is of interest.

--
Mark Nipper                                                e-contacts:
4475 Carter Creek Parkway                           nipsy@???

---begin random quote of the moment---
"Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?"
-- Frank, "Donnie Darko", 2001
----end random quote of the moment----