Re: [exim] New Stuff

Author: David
To: Fred Viles
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New Stuff
Hi !!

> | (i will test it through
> | http://www.webmail.us/testvirus, anyone asking for a test suite?), in
> | any case adding decode = default in mime_acl will 'demime' all
> | attachments, so in any case old_demime is not need for clamav
>
> That would be good to learn. I don't see any hint in the docs that
> specifying decode= in the MIME ACL will change the behavior of
> malware= in the DATA ACL.

from spec.txt (some aprts omited):

40.3 Scanning MIME parts
If you want to decode a MIME part into a disk file, you can use the
"decode" modifier. The general syntax is:

decode = [/<path>/]<filename>

The right hand side is expanded before use. After expansion, the value
can be:

(2) The string 'default'. In that case, the file is put in the
temporary 'default' directory <spool_directory>/scan/<message_id>/ with
a sequential file name consisting of the message id and a sequence
number. The full path and name is available in $mime_decoded_filename
after decoding.

so, if i'm not missing anything, adding a decode = default on top of
mime_acl will 'demime' all mime parts (that will not be deleted until
data_acl ends), and will be available to clamav (by now this is only
theory, but looks like it will work)

> Excellent. You're the one who contributed the original clamd code to
> exiscan, yes? Glad to have you checking in to this!

for sure, i'm just migrating to 4.50 and i'm also using clamav

> I had checked the changelogs without noticing anything relevant, but
> I hadn't downloaded 4.50's spec.txt. Now that I have, I don't see
> any significant changes in the wording related to clamd and demime.

maybe, but if you want to know how content scan works in exim the
better place to look is the exim documentation, as exiscan docs could
not reflect specific exim issues.

--
Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53