Re: [exim] New Stuff

Author: Stephen Gran
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] New Stuff
On Thu, Feb 24, 2005 at 01:44:35PM -0800, Fred Viles said:
> On 24 Feb 2005 at 22:17, David wrote about
>     "Re: [exim] New Stuff":
> OK, I just tried adding "decode = default" to the MIME ACL and
> commenting out the demime line in the DATA ACL.  HUPped exim, sent a
> test message with test/clam.zip attached.  No joy, I'm afraid.

> | > Excellent. You're the one who contributed the original clamd code to
> | > exiscan, yes? Glad to have you checking in to this!
> |
> | for sure, i'm just migrating to 4.50 and i'm also using clamav
>
> To my mind, the big question is why clamd does not recognise the .eml
> file as a MIME message that should be unpacked.

<ClamAV maintainer hat on>

Do you mind trying a little debugging work? LogClean and those sorts
of things so that we can see what clamd thought of the file it was
presented with. This can be continued off-list, if you prefer, since
it's not strictly exim specific, although it is probably of some interest
to others here.

</hat>

Thanks,
|  Stephen Gran                  | Practical people would be more          |
|  steve@???             | practical if they would take a little   |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | more time for dreaming.   -- J. P.      |
|                       | McEvoy                                  |