Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Author: Edgar Lovecraft
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
Marc Haber wrote:

> You are aware of the possibility to build exim4-daemon-custom?

This is not a plug for or against any specific linux build, but I
decided long ago to stay as far away from Debian as I can just because
of all the difficulties I see with Debian users on this list.

Compare the amount of noise you see from RedHat Exim users to that of
the Debian users, and I think you can see why.

But then again, I long ago took to building by hand any package that
I thought was system critical, especially when dealing with such things
as complex as MTA and HTTP servers.

> If only people would read docs, the world would be so much nicer.

Yes it would be, evidence of that is on this list everyday when people
ask for help that perfectly available by the online docs for Exim.

--

--EAL--