Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim

Author: Greg Folkert
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Debian as a 'Special Case' for Exim
On Fri, 2005-02-18 at 02:22 -0600, Edgar Lovecraft wrote:
> Marc Haber wrote:
> >
> > You are aware of the possibility to build exim4-daemon-custom?
>
> This is not a plug for or against any specific linux build, but I
> decided long ago to stay as far away from Debian as I can just because
> of all the difficulties I see with Debian users on this list.
>
> Compare the amount of noise you see from RedHat Exim users to that of
> the Debian users, and I think you can see why.
>
> But then again, I long ago took to building by hand any package that
> I thought was system critical, especially when dealing with such things
> as complex as MTA and HTTP servers.

I can agree, but whom would you call if you couldn't get Coldfusion to
work with YOUR custom compiled version of Apache? (I know the answer, as
I do the same many times, but not all)

> > If only people would read docs, the world would be so much nicer.
>
> Yes it would be, evidence of that is on this list everyday when people
> ask for help that perfectly available by the online docs for Exim.

Or better yet, how about the *LOCAL ON-DISK* docs modified to be exactly
what you need for Exim on Debian.

--
greg, greg@???

The technology that is