Re: [exim] Penalty Box Greylisting

Author: Jim Roberts
To: Christian Schmidt, exim-users
CC:
New-Topics: Re: [exim] Penalty Box
Subject: Re: [exim] Penalty Box Greylisting
----- Original Message -----
From: "Christian Schmidt" <christian@???>

> Hello Marc,
>
> Marc Perkel, 15.02.2005 (d.m.y):
>
>> So - hw do I limit the time to an hour? It's crud and simple. I have a
>> cron job that empties the list every hour. Sweet - simple - and it works.
>
> But what if an entry is put into this list five minutes before it (=
> the list) is "purged" by cron?
>
> Regards,
> Christian Schmidt

I think Marc was presenting a K.I.S.S. approach. He wasn't looking for
elegant, or optimized, or any of those fancy things. Just something easy,
simple, and even "crude" as he admits. This is just one tool in his
arsenal, and if it misses the occasional case, so what? Still better than
nothing, or, as my dear old Dad put it, "better than a sharp stick in the
eye." ;)

Regards,
Jim Roberts
Punster Productions, Inc.