RE: [exim] Penalty Box Greylisting

Author: David Woodhouse
To: Jan-Peter Koopmann
CC: exim-users, Marc Perkel
Subject: RE: [exim] Penalty Box Greylisting
On Tue, 2005-02-15 at 18:28 +0100, Jan-Peter Koopmann wrote:
> I can see how this might help a bit but that's not greylisting is it?
> Greylisting should prevent the initial spam coming in. Your method
> depends on letting spam come through, identifiy/tag it and then deny
> further e-mails from that address for the next hour. Personally I
> rarely see spam coming in from the same e-mail or IP addresses. Does
> this really help?

I'm tempted to do greylisting for anything with a SpamAssassin score
above 0.0, but allow anything in which doesn't get any spam points at
all. SpamAssassin's autowhitelisting may be enough, but I may have to do
some other kind of whitelisting to prevent delays.

It's on hold till I get time to add db write functionality.

--
dwmw2