Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Dean Brooks
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 11:17:37PM +0100, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:

> I've tried to convince the Debian maintainer to include this patch to the
> Debian package. Unfortunately, he wants to be close to the upstream
> source. AFAIK, Philip Hazel rejected this patch for some anti-Microsoft
> reasons.

I don't think you'll find many supporters on this mailing list for
your cause. Your patch may be useful for a limited number of people,
but just because *you* find it useful is not automatic justification to
include it in the master source.

Should Exim also be including compatibility patches for Windows NT,
Windows 3.1, Windows 95 and other obsolete software as well? How far
back in time do you want the authors to go?

I don't disagree that some people may find the patch useful, but I
don't believe it belongs in the master source or in O/S distributions.
Apparantely the people you tried to convince share a similar opinion.

--
Dean Brooks
dean@???