Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Piotr Roszatycki
To: Alan J. Flavell
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Alan J. Flavell wrote:

> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
>
> > AFAIK, Philip Hazel rejected this patch for some anti-Microsoft reasons.
>
> Please present your evidence for this remarkable claim.

Oh :(

I'm sorry. It shouldn't so offensive as it was. I've just spent some time
on searching Google and mailing list archives to find a solution for
broken OE4.xx SMTP AUTH support. I've found an explanation of Philip Hazel
and he was clear that he won't include such support in any case. I'll try
to find the URL.

I'm a little disappointed of such argumentation. I.e. the Postfix
developers was more pragmatic and they implemented and documented
broken_sasl_auth_clients option. In fact it seems that only Exim doesn't
support such broken clients.

--
.''`.    Piotr Roszatycki, Netia SA
: :' :    mailto:Piotr_Roszatycki@netia.net.pl