Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: David Cannings
To: exim-users@exim.org
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
> I'm a little disappointed of such argumentation. I.e. the Postfix
> developers was more pragmatic and they implemented and documented
> broken_sasl_auth_clients option. In fact it seems that only Exim doesn't
> support such broken clients.

You have demonstrated code which, from your own debugging, appears to
solve the issue you have had. You have demonstrated that you have the
ability to apply it. As both of the these seem to be no issue, you can
patch exim yourself for your own use.

Including code for every possible case increases the amount of code that
needs to be made secure, maintained, documented, etc. It is not simply
a case of applying a patch to the tree and leaving it there, even if it
is turned off by default. I am sure the authors have enough to do as it is.

In future, when people search with similar problems to yours, they can
be pointed to this thread and your solution. In these cases, they can
happily apply your patch.

David