Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Fred Viles
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
On 17 Feb 2005 at 0:35, Piotr Roszatycki wrote about
    "Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for E":

| On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
|
| > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
| >
| > > AFAIK, Philip Hazel rejected this patch for some anti-Microsoft reasons.
| >
| > Please present your evidence for this remarkable claim.
|
| Oh :(
|
| I'm sorry. It shouldn't so offensive as it was. I've just spent some time
| on searching Google and mailing list archives to find a solution for
| broken OE4.xx SMTP AUTH support. I've found an explanation of Philip Hazel
| and he was clear that he won't include such support in any case. I'll try
| to find the URL.

It's the "for some anti-Microsoft reasons" that needs to be
substantiated.

And, FWIW, exim 4.x *does* support such broken MUAs. No code patch
neeeded. Just add this to the end of your list of authenticators:

bogus:
  driver    = plaintext
  public_name    = "PRIVATE\n250-AUTH=LOGIN PLAIN"
  server_prompts = User Name : Password
  server_condition = no

- Fred