Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4

Author: Peter Bowyer
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] auth_hack_outlook4 for Exim4
Piotr Roszatycki <dexter@???> wrote:
>> I've tried to convince the Debian maintainer to include this patch
>> to the Debian package. Unfortunately, he wants to be close to the
>> upstream source. AFAIK, Philip Hazel rejected this patch for some
>> anti-Microsoft reasons.

That comment will help your case enormously, I'm sure. What reason did
Philip really give for not including your patch?

Any justification at all for this comment in your bug report:

"The patch was rejected by the author of the upstream. It is about
philosophy
and anti-Microsoft ideology."

We're seeing a lot of fallout from Debian land lately, I wonder why?
Something to do with the attitude, perhaps?

Peter