Re: [exim] How to configure exim deliver to a local addressv…

Author: Alan Reider
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] How to configure exim deliver to a local addressvia remote_smtp?
On Thursday 20 January 2005 06:06, Daniel Tiefnig wrote:
> exim-user wrote:
> > But my questions is, is it possible to force exim to route this
> > bounce via SMTP even though the address is local?
>
> Of course it is, check the "allow_localhost" Option for the SMTP
> transport, documented in the all-knowing Exim Specification:
> http://exim.inode.at/exim-html-4.40/doc/html/spec_30.html#SECT30.3

I have tried it and I still get the message
lowest numbered MX record points to local host: bounce.myhost.com (while
verifying <SRS0+7ia8=734=originaldomain=originallocalpart@???>

I also tried adding a manualroute router
with domains = bounce.myhost.com and route_data = <theip>

which gives the message:

remote host address is the local host: bounce.myhost.com

So is it indeed possible to force exim to route via SMTP even though the
address is local?