Re: [exim] shadow_transport

Author: Philip Hazel
To: David
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] shadow_transport
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, David wrote:

> > > we would like to use it to deliver 'message sent' notifications to
> > > local users that have requested a return receipt, as this is a feature
> > > some users have asked us.
> >
> > That is not the same thing at all as a shadow transport, which would deliver
> > another copy of the outgoing message.
>
> or could be an autoreply transport that could send a fully configurable
> message back to the sender.

No. Remember that I said a shadow transport for a remote transport would
have to be another remote transport.

> it should be called once for each succesful recipient ...

That would be even harder, since a real transport may be called just
once for many recipients.

A better approach to this is the proposed "hook" for log lines. If that
were general enough you could catch the => lines. But that won't be
happening any time soon either, I'm afraid.