Re: [exim] shadow_transport

Author: David
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] shadow_transport
Hi !!

>>we would like to use it to deliver 'message sent' notifications to
>>local users that have requested a return receipt, as this is a feature
>>some users have asked us.
>
> That is not the same thing at all as a shadow transport, which would
> deliver another copy of the outgoing message.

or could be an autoreply transport that could send a fully configurable
message back to the sender.

> What you want is on the WishList already:

> (244) 01-Mar-04 ? Add an on-success event to transports

> This could just be an expansion string, whose value is either ignored or
> logged, but it could be used to run SQL updates or run programs etc.
> However, what is "success" when a transport has multiple recipients?

> Note the final question. What do your users actually want in that situation?

it should be called once for each succesful recipient ... altough the
ide of shadow_tranport+shadow_condition looks nice that an event

--
Thanx & Best regards ...

    On-Line Services 2000 S.L.       e-mail  david@???
    Pintor Vayreda 1                 telf    +34 902 50 29 75
    08184 Palau-Solita i Plegamans   movil   +34 670 35 27 53