RE: [exim] tnef attachments

Author: Angel Marin
To: 'Exim users list'
Subject: RE: [exim] tnef attachments
Hi,

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Alan J. Flavell wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, John W. Baxter wrote:
>
> > You could try to talk the Outlook users into switching
> their setting
> > for the format of styled messages from RTF to HTML.
>
> I don't mean to seem stroppy, but what on *Earth* do you hope to

gain
> from that?

With MS LookOut (not the express version) you can use 3 message
formats: plain text, rtf and html. It you set messages' format to rtf,
your message is sent with a tnef attachment which was the original
problem.

So changing the default mail format in LookOut on the sender side
fixes this. Whether it is possible or not to convince every 'proud' MS
user to stop using that crappy option it is other question :).

Regards,
--
Angel Marin
http://anmar.eu.org/