Re: [exim] "sender verify" problem

Author: Henry Kupets
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] "sender verify" problem
I've replaced the *require verify = sender* line with

deny message = sender verification failed
           hosts = !+sunhosts
                !verify = sender

but I still can not send email from the servers in the *sunhosts* list
to the Internet. For instance if I want to send some log file from one
of my Sun boxes (that is on the *sunhosts* list) to some Verizon user my
'smart mailer' returns the error:

2004-12-10 15:01:34 1CcqxJ-0006QW-Pk ** diauser@???
R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp: SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL
FROM:<root@???> SIZE=2084: host
oe-ismta1pub.managedmail.com [206.46.164.24]: 553 dia20.dia.state.ma.us
does not exist
2004-12-10 15:01:34 1CcqxK-0006QZ-3x <= <> R=1CcqxJ-0006QW-Pk U=exim
P=local S=2027
2004-12-10 15:01:34 1CcqxK-0006QZ-3x ** root@???:
Unrouteable address

I logged in as 'root' to the box 'dia20' on my domain 'dia.state.ma.us'
and my 'smart mailer' is trying to resolve the domain
'dia20.dia.state.ma.us' that obviously does not exist. Is this the
problem ?

Thanks,
--
Henry