Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates
On Mon, Jul 26, 2004 at 11:31:31PM +0100, Peter Bowyer said:
> Kjetil Torgrim Homme <kjetilho@???> wrote:
> > [Alan J. Flavell]:
> >> And has someone got a large shovel to get rid of these damned
> >> Mydoom-variant nondelivery reports that are getting sent to our
> >> postmaster address?
> >
> > I wish... but first I wish we had a working AV. I got my first copy
> > of at 12:45 UTC, but Sophos didn't have an updated signature file
> > until 16:31. and it still doesn't recognise some variants of it! (I
> > just _assume_ ZIP files which contain files named "message.html
> > [80 more spaces].exe" are malware.)
> >
> > 9 hours and counting -- that's pretty bad, I think. I'd be interested
> > to hear how fast Sophos' competitors issued new virus signatures.
>
> My consumer-grade McAfee just updated in the past few minutes - it now
> catches a sample of this one. The clamav on my mail relays doesn't yet,
> though.

How often does freschlam update? I got an update at:
ClamAV update process started at Mon Jul 26 12:27:09 2004

I'm in +0400, but you still should have had one by 17:30 or so your
time.
|  Stephen Gran                  | The heaviest object in the world is the |
|  steve@???             | body of the woman you have ceased to    |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | love.   -- Marquis de Lac de Clapiers   |
|                       | Vauvenargues                            |