Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates

Autor: Kjetil Torgrim Homme
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates
On tir, 2004-07-27 at 00:04 +0200, Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:
> I wish...  but first I wish we had a working AV.  I got my first copy of
> at 12:45 UTC, but Sophos didn't have an updated signature file until
> 16:31.  and it still doesn't recognise some variants of it!  (I just
> _assume_ ZIP files which contain files named "message.html         [80
> more spaces].exe" are malware.)

I should point out that I did get a response from Sophos yesterday, and
they told me that these "executables" were just random noise, and
harmless. I'm still getting quite a few of these in my own mailbox (no
telling what my users get), approximately 3-4 per hour, so it's a bit
annoying. I still think it is strange that a well-formed ZIP-archive
contains bogus data, but Sophos are the experts, of course.
--
Kjetil T.