Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates

Autor: Craig Kelley
A: Exim users list
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates
Kjetil Torgrim Homme wrote:

>[Alan J. Flavell]:
>

>>And has someone got a large shovel to get rid of these damned
>>Mydoom-variant nondelivery reports that are getting sent to our
>>postmaster address?
>>

>I wish...  but first I wish we had a working AV.  I got my first copy of
>at 12:45 UTC, but Sophos didn't have an updated signature file until
>16:31.  and it still doesn't recognise some variants of it!  (I just
>_assume_ ZIP files which contain files named "message.html         [80
>more spaces].exe" are malware.)

>9 hours and counting -- that's pretty bad, I think. I'd be interested
>to hear how fast Sophos' competitors issued new virus signatures

Mcafee (uvscan) had them before I got to work this morning; we use it in
conjunction with exim and amavis. We use AVG on our desktops, but
Mcafee's Linux offering is solid, so we use it on the mail server.

--
Craig Kelley
In-Store Broadcasting Network