Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates

Autor: Stephen Gran
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Mydoom and virus signature updates
On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 02:55:29PM -0600, Dan Egli said:
> Well, I know Mcafee's dailydats had it when we got hit at 10:00am local
> time (UTC-6). ClamAv probably had it shortly also, but I don't know. I
> haven't been hit with it yet. I just looked in my virusmails dir and I
> have a few copies of Gibe, one of Bagle, and one of Netsky/SomeFool.
>
> To date I don't have a MyDoom.o instance on the machine. As much as I
> respect ClamAV I'm really thinking I'm going to put the mcafee unix
> virusscan on the system again, to provide an extra layer of protection.

ClamAV is calling it Mydoom.M, I think, rather than .o - we've been
catching huge numbers of them with it since yesterday, but maybe you're
not using a recent enough version?
|  Stephen Gran                  | ... when fits of creativity run strong, |
|  steve@???             | more than one programmer or writer has  |
|  http://www.lobefin.net/~steve | been known to abandon the desktop for   |
|                       | the more spacious floor.   -- Fred      |
|                       | Brooks                                  |