Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: 'exim-users@exim.org'
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
On Tuesday 15 June 2004 05:21 am, Walt Reed wrote:

> Will you please convince Verizon to do this? They will NOT set
> reverse DNS with static IP addresses on Business DSL service, Period.
> I've tried for MONTHS to get them to change. Of course I could go get
> a FR or T1 for 5-10X the price and get worse or the same speeds and
> they will set it, but NOT for DSL of any type.

<rant>
Verizon is perhaps the most famous ISP (can I call them that without
inciting even more rants ?) for attempting completely ineffective
methods of blocking spam. Their mail admins appear to have recently
graduated from third grade, and certainly from their responses when you
can occasionally get them to respond, they appear to be no further
advanced than perhaps the first year of puberty. In fact I can carry
on a reasonable discussion with my 14-yo godson Jesse more readily than
with anyone at all at Verizon.

It wasn't that long ago that they (a) wouldn't let you send mail through
your own server, even on a static IP connection, and (b) wouldn't let
you send mail through their servers unless you used the return (From)
email address they assigned you.

If there's any way you can leave Verizon (i.e., by selling your house at
a great loss and moving), do so, and you'll find many of life's
pressing problems solved.
</rant>

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation