Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM

Author: Jeff Lasman
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] AOL - SPF - and EXIM
On Tuesday 15 June 2004 09:03 am, Leonardo Boselli wrote:

> Consider that if you
> have virtual hosting you will never have a true reverse DNS !!!!

Without getting into any arguments over the meaning "virtual hosting" vs
"shared hosting"...

but as someone running a hosting company...

We will happily do custom reverse DNS for any client who has an assigned
dedicated IP#. For our clients using shared IP#s we reverse only to
the hostname of the server in question. Which is reasonably generic.

However, while we do allow authenticated sending through our SMTP
servers, we don't support it as there are too many reasons outside our
system why it might not work for any given sender.

I think that's fair enough.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, nobaloney.net, P. O. Box 52672, Riverside, CA 92517 US
Professional Internet Services & Support / Consulting / Colocation