Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Autor: Fred Viles
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?
On 4 Jun 2004 at 0:47, Nico Erfurth wrote about
    "Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to re":

| Wakko Warner wrote:

| >>Please do not feed the Greg A Woods HELO troll.
| >
| > Or the "Greg A Woods proper dns troll", or the "Greg A Woods who thinks he
| > knows the RFCs better than anyone else troll". I think that sums it up.

| I would say that he DOES know the smtp related RFCs better than most
| others here.

Since "most others here" have probably not read them, that's quite
possibly true. But that observation does not counter the point being
made.

| Telling others about existing standards is a way to keep
| the internet running.

Only if what you are telling them is, in fact, correct.
Misinformation is not helpfull.

| You don't have to agree with him. But insulting
| him isn't the best way to argue with someone.

Wakko is not trying to argue with Greg. He is trying to keep others,
who might be new here and not know any better, from wasting their
time arguing with Greg.

| Oh, btw, in "the good old days" we used to use our real names on
| mailinglist.

What makes you think Wakko Warner is not his real name? You might be
right, but I have a good friend who's real name is Dork, so I tend to
give people the benefit of the doubt.

- Fred