Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Autor: Tor Slettnes
A: Wakko Warner
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?
On Jun 3, 2004, at 14:56, Wakko Warner wrote:

> Or the "Greg A Woods proper dns troll", or the "Greg A Woods who
> thinks he
> knows the RFCs better than anyone else troll". I think that sums it
> up.

Hmm, that prompted me to look back in mailings to this list, and I
think you forgot:
- The GAW SPF troll
- The GAW nobody-should-be-"nobody" troll
- The GAW IMAP-Push troll

...uh, wait...
Some of those were probably not quite full-grown trolls. Maybe more
like goblins. (Or "nisser", if you want to stay within the
geographic/social realm of trolls).

Come to think of it, since I use smtp.comcast.net as smarthost, and
since their newest outgoing servers have broken DNS configs
(216.148.227.89 -> rwcrmxc17.comcast.net -> <nothing>), none of those
trolls / goblins may actually get to see this message. :-}

-tor