Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Autor: Steve Lamb
A: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?
Nico Erfurth wrote:
> I would say that he DOES know the smtp related RFCs better than most
> others here.

    Apparently not as he's gotten a few things wrong.  Of course when a friend
of mine went to cite the RFCs and shove it in his face the mail bounced
because of the bad checks Gred had in place my friend was trying to inform him
about.

> You don't have to agree with him. But insulting
> him isn't the best way to argue with someone.

    True, but you see, a troll is a troll.  I mean let's get down to brass
tacks here...  This is an Exim mailing list, right?  From Greg's latest message:

    by proven.weird.com
    via sendmail with STDIO
    (sender: <woods>)
    (ident <woods> using UNIX)
    id <m1BW0b0-0002WYC@???>
    for <exim-users@???>;
    (dest:remote)(R=bind_hosts)(T=inet_zone_bind_smtp)
    Thu, 3 Jun 2004 18:21:58 -0400 (EDT)
    (Smail-3.2.0.118-Pre 2004-May-30 #17 built 2004-May-31)

    When he starts using Exim maybe he'll have something of worth to
contribute here.  Until then many people consider him nothing more than a
troll and, understandably, respond accordingly.