Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?

Autor: Wakko Warner
A: Tor Slettnes
CC: Exim User's Mailing List
Assumpte: Re: [Exim] Delay 220 greeting to reduce spam?
> > Or the "Greg A Woods proper dns troll", or the "Greg A Woods who
> > thinks he
> > knows the RFCs better than anyone else troll". I think that sums it
> > up.
>
> Hmm, that prompted me to look back in mailings to this list, and I
> think you forgot:
> - The GAW SPF troll
> - The GAW nobody-should-be-"nobody" troll
> - The GAW IMAP-Push troll

I remember him saying something about SPF, but I generally skim over those
posts since they don't have any interest to me.

> ...uh, wait...
> Some of those were probably not quite full-grown trolls. Maybe more
> like goblins. (Or "nisser", if you want to stay within the
> geographic/social realm of trolls).

I guess that's why I didn't remember them, I don't think he made as big a
deal on those as the others.

> Come to think of it, since I use smtp.comcast.net as smarthost, and
> since their newest outgoing servers have broken DNS configs
> (216.148.227.89 -> rwcrmxc17.comcast.net -> <nothing>), none of those
> trolls / goblins may actually get to see this message. :-}

I'm using my own server. Unfortunately my rDNS has the word 'dial' in it.
However, it's been the same IP since about day 14 (When they finally figured
out how to assign static IP to dialup)

If that doesn't work, I either don't care or I can smart host off my other
static IP on dsl which it's rDNS isn't a dynamic looking one, but still not
what I wanted unfortuantely.