RE: [Exim] Server Hostname compared to sending domain

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: dgtech, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Server Hostname compared to sending domain
At 10:30 am -0400 2004/05/31, David Garza wrote:
>Hello,
>
>If you go down to the mail part of the tests, you will see like a yellow or
>red box and says a message concerning the hostname and the domain name. I

ah, now I see!

>did mention this was a new server, plus the domains you have looked up are
>being forwarded, using DNS, to the x.x.x.138 server until the Name servers

do you mean you have fixed the NS records and all the others with a
fully qualified domain name?

>fully propagate. Thanks for the hint on the miss spelling.

more than a misspelling it was a tongue-twister! :)

>Basically, I want to know, is there anyway when Exim talks to another server
>to have it instead of saying serv5.ccfhosting.com, to say the actual domain
>name it is being sent from?

Well, strictly speaking it only needs the A record to match, and it
does. Some people want a complete correspondency or a closed cycle A
of PTR of IP = IP . Since your PTR is
138.67-19-7.reverse.theplanet.com but this has no A record, you
cannot do better than what you are doing.

Giuliano

>Thanks and God Bless!
>

>David Garza - CCF Web Hosting
>"Where Customers Come First!"
>www.ccfhosting.com - david@???
>
>Are you looking for an affordable and reliable web host, or is your business
>expanding and requires the power and ***versatility*** of a dedicated
>server? Give us a try, you won't regret it!

[...]