RE: [Exim] Server Hostname compared to sending domain

Author: Giuliano Gavazzi
To: dgtech, exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Server Hostname compared to sending domain
At 6:03 pm -0400 2004/05/30, David Garza wrote:
>Hello,
>
>Here is the URL:
>http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=specialguests.com
>
>There will be NS errors, but I will be fixing that.

you better first fix your DNS, by adding a "." at the end of fully
qualified domains so that the ORIGIN is not appended... and this is
not an exim question.

>Thanks and God Bless!
>David Garza - CCF Web Hosting
>"Where Customers Come First!"
>www.ccfhosting.com
>
>Are you looking for an affordable and reliable web host, or is your business
>expanding and requires the power and verisitality of a dedicated server?
>Give us a try, you won't regret it!

well, after having seen that DNS report I would think before giving
you a try... and it is "versatility"...

>David Garza said:
>> Hello,
>>

>> I go to DNS report and do a DNS lookup on a domain name that is hosted on
>> my
>> new server. The hostname of the server is xxxx.ccfxxxx.com and the domain
>> am sending mail from is specailxxxxx.com (x's are just representations)
>> and
>> it tells me that it is not a good idea because it is breaking a technical
> > rule. How can I fix this or what can I do about it?

the report does not say anything like that.

Giuliano
--
H U M P H
    || |||

Java & C++ Server/Client/Human Interface applications on MacOS - MacOS X
http://www.humph.com/