RE: [Exim] Server Hostname compared to sending domain

Author: David Garza
To: exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] Server Hostname compared to sending domain
Hello,

Here is the URL:
http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=specialguests.com

There will be NS errors, but I will be fixing that.

Thanks and God Bless!
David Garza - CCF Web Hosting
"Where Customers Come First!"
www.ccfhosting.com

Are you looking for an affordable and reliable web host, or is your business
expanding and requires the power and verisitality of a dedicated server?
Give us a try, you won't regret it!

David Garza said:
> Hello,
>

> I go to DNS report and do a DNS lookup on a domain name that is hosted on
> my
> new server. The hostname of the server is xxxx.ccfxxxx.com and the domain
> am sending mail from is specailxxxxx.com (x's are just representations)
> and
> it tells me that it is not a good idea because it is breaking a technical
> rule. How can I fix this or what can I do about it?

If you provide real information instead of attempting to hide it, you
might get a real reply with something relevent to your exact situation.

As it is... it would just be a guess...

In general, the sending mail server does not need to be the same domain as
the domain of the mail being sent.