[Exim] NFS mounted/shared queue

Author: Ray Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] NFS mounted/shared queue
Hello all,

We are migrating our mail system to a new platform and trying to remove all the
old legacy stuff. My predecessors built the mail platform using an in-house
POP3 damon and Exim. We are moving POP3 to Courier-POP and enabling
Courier-IMAP. As for the Exim part, it appears that they patched Exim 4.12 so
that it could mount it's queue via NFS. Also, all 3 mail servers mount and
read/write from/to the same queue over NFS.

What does the list think about mounting a mail queue over NFS and having 3
servers running Exim servicing the same queue?

Cheers,
Ray

PS. I am in the mount locally and don't share a mail queue camp. I'm just
wondering what drove my predecessors to do it this way!