[Exim] System/Virtual Aliases - Suffix-based Alias?

Author: J Yunke
To: exim-users
Subject: [Exim] System/Virtual Aliases - Suffix-based Alias?
Hi --

In Exim 3.x, I was able to have an alias entry like this:

    bob-*: bob

...and then all mail addressed to bob-abc@???, bob-123@???,
bob-help@???, bob-questions@??? would get forwarded to
bob@???.

It broke in Exim 4.x, and I have been unable to get the functionality
back, no matter what lsearch, lsearch*, lsearch*@, partial-lsearch,
wildlsearch features I try to use. Tried googling an answer, looking
through the Exim specs, etc. Although there is lot of talk on wildcarding
using a * to match all, I can't find one that uses * to match the *end* of
a string.

The "local_part_suffix" works, but that is too global. I want to
configure only certain entries in the alias file to use the -* suffix
convention.

Here's what's in my configuration:

system_aliases:
driver = redirect
allow_fail
allow_defer
data = ${lookup{$local_part}lsearch*{/etc/exim/aliases}}
user = exim
file_transport = address_file
pipe_transport = address_pipe

Can someone please advise me on how to fix this? Feel free to RTFM me
if you feel I can figure it out.

-- Justin