Re: [Exim] spam review per virt domain

Author: Nigel Wade
To: mark
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam review per virt domain
Mark Seamans wrote:
> --
> Once again I have researched my butt off...no luck.
>
> I host several domains. Customers are starting to request the ability
> to review mail, destined for their domain that was rejected due to spam.
>
> If anyone has a config of a rule/acl that would redirect typically
> rejected spam to a single mailbox per domain -or- deliver to a special
> folder per user for webmail access.
>
> Of course there would need to be a mechanism to flush this out based on
> age.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mark
> --

I do this on a per-user basis using Exiscan/SpamAssassin. It's really pretty
straightforward.

SA is run by Exiscan and an ACL variable is set if it's spam. At local
delivery time this variable is tested, and if it's set the mail is deliverd
to the Spam mailbox rather than the Inbox.

Courier IMAP is used for access to mailboxes, and Squirrelmail for webmail.
Users can either configure their mail client to use IMAP directly, or access
the Spam mailbox from Squirrelmail (which uses IMAP).

A cron process runs once per day and removes messages from the Spam
mailboxes which are older than 28 days (this is trivial if mailboxes are
stored in maildir format).

E-mail :    nmw@???
Phone :     +44 (0)116 2523548, Fax : +44 (0)116 2523555