Re: [Exim] spam review per virt domain

Author: Mark Seamans
To: Nigel Wade
CC: Exim-Users
Subject: Re: [Exim] spam review per virt domain
> I do this on a per-user basis using Exiscan/SpamAssassin. It's really pretty
> straightforward.

I am running Exiscan/Exim with SpamAssassin. And
yes...straightforward...sounds like an exact fit.

> SA is run by Exiscan and an ACL variable is set if it's spam. At local
> delivery time this variable is tested, and if it's set the mail is deliverd
> to the Spam mailbox rather than the Inbox.

Yep. Exactly. How might this work with entire domain relay..ie: I
relay/queue mail for several domains sending their mail to their own
servers. I guess it would pickup that route before it hits the acl, so
it would be routed to their server, not even hitting the acl that would
try to deliver it to a "spam" maibox. (Correct me if I am wrong)

> Courier IMAP is used for access to mailboxes, and Squirrelmail for webmail.
> Users can either configure their mail client to use IMAP directly, or access
> the Spam mailbox from Squirrelmail (which uses IMAP).

Couier-Imap, Squirrelmail....yep.

> A cron process runs once per day and removes messages from the Spam
> mailboxes which are older than 28 days (this is trivial if mailboxes are
> stored in maildir format).

What is cron....just kidding.

Maildir...yep. I figured that a script would run checking for old files
(mail) and purging them.

I am a bit weak (but learning) on exim acl's. Any chance I can get you
to share some sections of your config with me? Sorry for the hassle. I
have been researching this for awhile, where I have seen people doing
it....none have shown examples. You know how it is...production
box...you hate to screw anything up...

Thanks for the reply.
(Nigel, sorry for the double email...I forgot to post it to the list.)
Mark