Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sough…

Author: Oliver Siegmar
To: Anand Buddhdev
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sought)
Hi Anand,

>> So, from my point of view exim should have an option like
>> "create_maildir_size_file_if_qouta_is_zero" (a shorter one would be
>> better
>> :)) which should be set to true, by default.

> This option would only be useful to a very small minority who happen
> to be using a 2-year old version of courier-imap. Hopefully, the
> upcoming Debian update will include a newer version of courier-imap,
> and then this option will no longer be necessary in exim. IMHO, it's
> a waste of effort to include new functionality in exim that may only
> be needed for a few more months at most. I'd urge you to upgrade your
> version of courier-imap (3.0.3 is in -testing).

I think, that woody (and courier-imap 1.4.3) is used by many many admins
and servers. But you're right, that sarge is (hopefully) almost released
and this problem would be solved automatically, then.

It may also depend on how difficult it would be, to add such an option to
exim - but that's up to Philip's opinion.

Maybe woody users should just not use the maildir_size_file option.

Bye,
Oliver