Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sough…

Author: Anand Buddhdev
To: Oliver Siegmar
CC: Philip Hazel, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sought)
On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 01:24:12PM +0200, Oliver Siegmar wrote:

> >> However, courier-imap maintains the maildirsize file even if the quota
> >> is 0, which is what exim also does. So I believe exim is correct and
> >> there's no need to change it. Courier-imap's Maildir quota
> >> implementation is, after all, the reference implementation.
> >
> > Oliver, it was you that reported:
> >
> > | If quota (expanded) is set to 0, quota should be inactive. Exim creates
> > | maildirsize file with '0S,0C' - an IMAP server (I tested courier-imapd)
> > | treats that as 0 bytes, 0 mails - not as unlimited.
> > |
> > | In my opinion if quota is unset no maildirsize file should be created -
> > | that would fix this bug (at least with courier-impad, maybe others).
> >
> > So I have two people telling me two different things. :-(
>
> Yeah, different things about different versions. Anand is using
> courier-imap 3.0.3 - I'm using debian woody's 1.4.3. Of course, my version
> is somewhat outdated, but it is Debians latest stable release.
>
> So, from my point of view exim should have an option like
> "create_maildir_size_file_if_qouta_is_zero" (a shorter one would be better
> :)) which should be set to true, by default.

Hi Oliver,

This option would only be useful to a very small minority who happen
to be using a 2-year old version of courier-imap. Hopefully, the
upcoming Debian update will include a newer version of courier-imap,
and then this option will no longer be necessary in exim. IMHO, it's
a waste of effort to include new functionality in exim that may only
be needed for a few more months at most. I'd urge you to upgrade your
version of courier-imap (3.0.3 is in -testing).

--
Anand Buddhdev
Celtel International