Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sough…

Author: Oliver Siegmar
To: Philip Hazel
CC: Anand Buddhdev, exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] maildir_use_size_file and zero quota (views sought)
>> However, courier-imap maintains the maildirsize file even if the quota
>> is 0, which is what exim also does. So I believe exim is correct and
>> there's no need to change it. Courier-imap's Maildir quota
>> implementation is, after all, the reference implementation.
>
> Oliver, it was you that reported:
>
> | If quota (expanded) is set to 0, quota should be inactive. Exim creates
> | maildirsize file with '0S,0C' - an IMAP server (I tested courier-imapd)
> | treats that as 0 bytes, 0 mails - not as unlimited.
> |
> | In my opinion if quota is unset no maildirsize file should be created -
> | that would fix this bug (at least with courier-impad, maybe others).
>
> So I have two people telling me two different things. :-(

Yeah, different things about different versions. Anand is using
courier-imap 3.0.3 - I'm using debian woody's 1.4.3. Of course, my version
is somewhat outdated, but it is Debians latest stable release.

So, from my point of view exim should have an option like
"create_maildir_size_file_if_qouta_is_zero" (a shorter one would be better
:)) which should be set to true, by default.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Oliver