Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim

Author: Pradeeper
To: Tim Jackson
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim
Hi Tim

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 09:13:26AM +0100, Tim Jackson wrote:

    Hay It worked like magic!

Thanks for the tip ;-)
So it was a problem with my exim router :-|

> Yes. If you're trying to block spam, you should also remove your ISP's
> mail server from the MX list. Your list of MXes should include only
> machines that have similar policy controls against spam/viruses.

We use ISP in our MX records for a reason. Say if our mail server down
for some reason (normally wont happened) mails will temporally stored
in our ISP's server (till our mail server gets up). Is there any
workaround for this without adding ISP on our MX?

> that you are assigning a manual route for all domains in
> +relay_to_domains:
>
> reroute_domains:
>    driver = manualroute
>    domains = +relay_to_domains
>    route_data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/domain_routes}}
>    transport = remote_smtp
>    no_more

> Then in /etc/exim/domain_routes have:
>
> yourdomain.example.com: your.internal.mail.server

Why I have to create /etc/exim4/domain_routes ? Can't I specify my
domain name and email server directly in "route_data"?

Thanks again!

Pradeeper
--

Debian GNU/Linux Sarge (kernel 2.2.20-compact)

What is the sound of one hand clapping?