Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim

Author: Tim Jackson
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim
Hi Pradeeper, on Mon, 10 May 2004 20:18:34 +0600 you wrote:

> Should I remove my mail server entry from MX, because of spammers by
> pass my spam gateway?

Yes. If you're trying to block spam, you should also remove your ISP's
mail server from the MX list. Your list of MXes should include only
machines that have similar policy controls against spam/viruses.

> Or I'm getting a error when I connect this box to network with this
> configuration. Error is in /var/log/exim4/mainlog
> It's says...
>     lowest numbered MX record points to local host
> Is this MX specific or Exim?

It's because you've added your domain to "relay_to_domains" but not
actually configured anything to do with it except deliver it as normal by
DNS lookup, which means that you effectively have a loop - hence the Exim
error.

You need a manualroute router. Something like this, although this assumes
that you are assigning a manual route for all domains in
+relay_to_domains:

reroute_domains:
driver = manualroute
domains = +relay_to_domains
route_data = ${lookup{$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim/domain_routes}}
transport = remote_smtp
no_more

Then in /etc/exim/domain_routes have:

yourdomain.example.com: your.internal.mail.server

Tim