Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim

Author: Pradeeper
To: Dan Egli
CC: exim-users
New-Topics: Watch your clocks! Was: Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim
Subject: Re: [Exim] Mail gateway with sa-exim and exim
Hi Dan

On Mon, May 10, 2004 at 01:05:44AM -0600, Dan Egli wrote:
> That will work, but you might want to modify this setup so that
> Mailserver is not in the MX list at all, and just explicitly forward
> mail to that box from the other box. If you don't then there is a
> possibility of mail getting past the spam checker by being delivered
> directly to mailserver. Some spammers pick either the very last or a
> middle server to avoid anti-spam systems.

Should I remove my mail server entry from MX, because of spammers by
pass my spam gateway?

Or I'm getting a error when I connect this box to network with this
configuration. Error is in /var/log/exim4/mainlog
It's says...

    lowest numbered MX record points to local host

Is this MX specific or Exim?
I thought I have some exim routing problem...

Thanks!

Pradeeper
--

Debian GNU/Linux Sarge (kernel 2.2.20-compact)

If you wish women to love you, be original; I know a man who wore fur
boots summer and winter, and women fell in love with him.
        -- Anton Chekhov