RE: [Exim] FW: Defending Against Rumplestiltskin Attacks???

Author: Mike 'Fraz' White
To: 'Ilan Aisic', exim-users
Subject: RE: [Exim] FW: Defending Against Rumplestiltskin Attacks???

business.
> I'm worried that customers and all other legit people from the outside
> will send email to my domain that will evaporate
> into nulldom and some important mail will disappear and cause
> misunderstandings at best.
> I don't see why this policy would be different if you have 5 users or
> 5000.
> Setting some common typos in the alias file seems like a good idea

only
> for the case you don't send bounces at all (and
> is only practical for small systems). Even then, it may perpetuate

and
> propagate mistakes.
>
> --
> Ilan Aisic

Hi Ilan,

I look after two small systems one of which (my own) is essentially a
club service rather than a business and the other is for a friends
scooter tuning business.

The latter isn't set up quite as aggressively as mine and wildcards are
sent to a separate mailbox for manual filtering (assuming that is they
get past the usual RBL, spammassassin, virus checks) at his leisure.

--
Mike 'Fraz' White
www.smartowner.co.uk